*** The deadline to submit is April 6, 2018. ***
Where do I submit my work?
All submissions should be emailed to acamstudentjournal[@]gmail.com.
Who can submit work?
Undergraduate UBC students of any year, faculty, degree, or discipline may submit work. You do not have to identify as Asian(-)Canadian/Asian to submit your work. Submissions from any/all identities and cultural backgrounds are welcome.
What kinds of work can I submit?
All genres (including multi-genre or cross-genre works) are accepted.
Examples of genres currently accepted: Academic essays, Creative writing (poetry, prose, playscripts), Visual artwork (photography, sketches, drawings, paintings, film, graphica), Community work (interviews on students/faculty/community members, reviews/reports on exhibitions, talks, performances, or other events).
What are the submission guidelines?
- In your email, include:
1) your name and “Submission”, as well as the genre(s), in the subject line, and
2) a brief artist’s statement outlining the context of your work.
- There is no limit on the number of entries or genres you may submit. You may submit all entries in one email.
- Do not include your name on any of the pages in written work.
- Please limit all written work to 15 pages in length, excluding bibliography/works cited (if applicable).
- All submissions must follow UBC’s policies regarding academic integrity and plagiarism.
- Written work: .doc format. 12 point font, Times New Roman, double spaced (poetry is an exception). PROPOSALS: maximum 1 page. ESSAYS: maximum 15 pages.
- Static visual work (e.g. photography): .jpeg or .png format
- Film: Any format/platform, as long as it can be readily viewed by the editors
Will I be paid for my work?
Unfortunately, the journal does not currently have the funds to pay contributors for their work. We hope to commit to paying contributors for their work in the future, and will continue to consider how we can organize the funding to do so.